Thursday, February 26, 2009

TWO GREAT READS!!

I have just finished devouring two amazing books: The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose and the Enzyme Factor by Dr. Hiromi Shinya. If you have any interest in learning more about diet as it pertains to health and well-being, I highly recommend both of these reads. They both have many similarities because they focus on the importance of enzymes and the health of your gastrointestinal system as a means of achieving optimum health and preventing disease. The diet recommendations have some parallels except the first book stresses the inclusion of raw fruits and vegetables into your diet where as the latter focuses largely on whole grains.

If you have already heard of or are curious about the advantages of raw food and want to include more of them into your diet, I recommend the book by Natalia to read first. It is shorter and provides valuable information without being overwhelming. I have been following her recommendations for a couple of weeks now and feel great. It’s a way of eating that I believe I can stick to because it emphasizes incorporating vs. exclusively eating raw foods.

If there is anything noteworthy about my progress with this diet I will be sure to fill you in. I would love to hear your comments as well. Here are the authors’ websites for you to peruse:
www.enzymefactor.com and www.therawfooddetoxdiet.com. As for the books, I purchased them on www.amazon.com since they seem to have the best prices. Enjoy!

1 comment: