Sunday, March 8, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD………….

After an unusually gloomy, damp and cold week in Barcelona the gods granted us an absolutely glorious weekend. In order to take advantage of the blue sky and warm sun, my father-in-law and I went hiking in some nearby mountains. It is the second trip he has taken me on and I, a die hard city girl, have fallen in love with the fresh mountain air and breathtaking scenery which includes views of Montserrat and the snow-capped Pyrenees. 
After a difficult and, at times, perilous 3-hour trek we were starved. Thankfully, his girlfriend had paella waiting for us ravenous hikers when we returned.
What a treat, what a day!


1 comment:

  1. Very unique blog.
    Fantastic pictures. Wow....
    I like your blog.

    Please visit:
    http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

    Keep blogging.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete