Friday, March 13, 2009

MARINATED BROCCOLI SALAD

I don’t usually post many of my breakfasts and lunches since I mostly eat fresh fruit and vegetables for those meals. This easy, healthful and satisfying salad, however, is worthy of the spotlight. I usually double the recipe and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. It just gets better with time. My husband and I love eating it as a snack, meal or side dish.

SERVES 4-6
1 head broccoli cut into florets
1 small box button mushrooms, halved
1 tomato, chopped
½ shallot or red onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled, left whole
2 tsp mustard
2 tsp honey
¼ c. apple cider vinegar
¼ c. olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Mix lemon, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Once the salt has dissolved, add the olive oil. If the vinaigrette is too strong you may dilute with a few tbs of water. Add remaining ingredients, toss and marinate at least one hour. You can also marinate overnight. Toss the salad occasionally so that all the get coated with the dressing. This salad should keep for up to a week.

1 comment: