Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE CHINA STUDY a must-read book

By now most, if not all, of us acknowledge that what we eat plays a role in our health. However, after reading The China Study I am amazed at how important and wide that role really is. This book is a compilation of ground-breaking studies on the cause and effect relationship between food and diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes to name a few. The astonishing results speak for themselves. The author, Dr. Campbell, is an equally impressive man. He has lead a 40-year long career that makes for an extraordinary resume. This book is referred to as his legacy and is the result of a 20-year long investigation that is said to be "the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted."

Of all the books I have read about nutrition thus far, this is likely the most important one. I want to thank my aunt Debbie for recommending it to me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning this. It sounds very interesting, and I just put it on my to-read list. Have you read The Okinawa Program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I will certainly look into that one.

    ReplyDelete