Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MY NEW KITCHEN or lack thereof

This isn’t exactly the dream kitchen of an aspiring chef……or anyone for that matter. I don’t even have a real stove or oven. I am limited to a microwave, toaster oven and hot plate. As for appliances, those are restricted to a blender and a mandolin. I foresee lots of smoothies, salads, sandwiches and cold soups in the near future. Could this be the real South Beach Diet? I will let you know how my figure reacts to this regimen. On the plus side, however, I am living on South Beach, which is worth the sacrifice. Our little place is within walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops and, of course, the beach. We don’t anticipate living in this small studio too long but for now it’s not all that bad.

Keeping this short list of meal possibilities interesting will surely test my creativity. A little help from my fellow bloggers and readers could come in handy. I would love it if you shared some of your favorite recipes, particularly salads and dressings. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, immaculate, and very inviting!
    Congratulation, looking forward for your delicious cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great location even if the kitchen isn't the biggest! Last summer, I discovered a raw zucchini spaghetti that I loved. You can cut the zucchini into ribbons with your mandolin (the ribbons are the spaghetti) and then it's topped with a tomato vinaigrette with garlic. Add sliced black olives and parmiggiano.

    ReplyDelete