Monday, June 1, 2009

SPRING PEA SALAD WITH TOMATOES, PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO AND TORN BASIL

I made this salad for my mom a few weeks ago while visiting her in New Jersey. Nothing could be better. Nothing could be easier. I only hope that you can still find some fresh peas so that you can try this heavenly salad for yourself. I should have posted this sooner but had been so inundated with our move to Miami that I have neglected my dear blog.

I didn’t think you’d need a recipe for this one. Just toss it all together and taste as you go. Some sweet balsamic vinegar or glaze might be nice with this as well.

Peas, shelled
Tomatoes, roughly chopped
Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
Basil, torn
Salt/pepper
Olive oil

2 comments:

  1. Simply refreshing! & wonderful summery colors.

    we lived in NJ for 8 long years:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one nice looking Spring salad!

    ReplyDelete